Monday, February 21, 2011

Feb 21 2011

So much has happened since last posting.

We have moved into our new house and there is stuff everywhere...oh well..it will get done eventually! :)

We began IM shots on Feb 16 and Kev was a little nervous about those! We called Mrs. Kara Hood to come over and save the day! She was done in 2 seconds...seriously amazing how quick someone in the medical field can be!

The IM shots are no JOKE! They hurt BAD!!! Not so much the process, just later! My muscle was/is so tight I have a hard time walking! I actually have a slight limp! Kara came over again on Friday evening (Feb 18) and gave me my next one as well! BUT...Kev stepped up last night (Feb 20) and did it...for the record he did great...just not as quick as Kara!

Feb 19...the big day came and I was wide awake at 430 in the morning....our appointment was at 8 so we had to leave by 730! Mom and Dad came for the weekend to watch Peyton so there were no worries there!

Kev and I both got up, took showers, made sure we had all we needed (Ipad, Camera, medicine, etc) so much going on!!! On the way there, we always stop at Chick-fil-A and this day we had a spicy chicken biscuit and a hashrounds, coke and diet coke!

Off we went and arrived about 10 minutes early...For us...that is a miracle!

We went in sat down for maybe 5 minutes and I went back for my massage and acupuncture. Kev waited until I was done with both of those which ended up being about and hour. About 1030 the embryologist came into the room to discuss our beautiful embryos. They were frozen as 8 cell grade A! Which is wonderful and as of Saturday morning they had already morphed into 9 cells...such a relief the both thawed.

Dr. Robin came in and placed our 2 embryos into my uterus. Everything went so smoothly...it was almost a little scary!

After transfer, I laid on the table for 30 minutes and such a long 30 minutes it was...I had to pee something terrible! As soon as I could I got up and went to the restroom!

Into the car we went and back home we came where I laid on the couch and the bed for 24 hours! That is the hard part...not being able to do a thing!

So all has been going well...now we are in the dreaded 2 Week Wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment